Yes, I realize now that “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” was a weird example. I just thought of the song that had the worst possible context because nothing could top that one. Not even “I Kissed a Girl” works because the song itself makes me grumble, with or without questionable Glee writing.
Does anybody have input on Glee songs that were good on their own but ruined by context?
nicandblair said: mine… *creys*
lazarusgirl said: *cough* Mine *cough*
Oh lord yes I agree. Although would I be a bad Brittana shipper if I said I couldn’t listen to it too many times because Naya starts to sound weird if you listen to it over and over again?
aaajmachine said: Somebody I Use To Know? Anderson incest? Lol That song so did not work for them.
I didn’t really like the Glee version…I hope you’ve heard the weird edit where they put the Glee and Gotye versions together. Sounds demonic! And Darren seemed off key in some areas.
spash4life said: Take Me or Leave Me?
Agreed. I don’t think I would’ve voted for anybody else (maybe Naya) to sing this, but that also meant that there would be zero canon connection to the lyrics.
waddlingdodo said: They wasted You and I by Lady Gaga >:(
Because of the mashup or because of the weird context?
- mad-cow-mama likes this
- creamsicles-r-delicious said:late to the party but some of my highest played (glee) songs are actually ones w/ awful context e.g. I’m Still Standing & Holding Out For a Hero #notaste
- ohhheyitsnic said:mine… *creys*
- aaajmachine said:Somebody I Use To Know? Anderson incest? Lol That song so did not work for them.
- spash4life said:Take Me or Leave Me?
- spash4life likes this
- lazarusgirl said:*cough* Mine *cough*
- waddlingdodo said:They wasted You and I by Lady Gaga >:(
- gleerant posted this