I am late in answering this so I’ll try to be brief!
- My favorite part of my daily routine is getting up early enough to not rush. It’s a different feel in CA than in NYC because university transit (and my apartment complex shuttle service) only run every half hour. Bus A is comfortably early. Bus B is closer to when I’m supposed to be at school with maybe 15 minutes to spare. Bus C involves running to class to be on time. I enjoy taking Bus A and listening to “King and Lionheart” by Of Monsters and Men before the day gets hectic.
- My least favorite part of my daily routine (in CA) is getting ready for bed. I always wonder “Did I do enough work? Should I do more? Should I have done more earlier so that I have time for Kara on Skype without me being distracted by work?” Ultimately, getting to talk to her at the end of the day is the best part of the day no matter what, but I’m always left wishing for more hours to get more things done.
- The craziest part of my day includes any breaks between classes. They’re supposed to be breaks, but that’s usually my time to catch up on work, and that’s always ultimately interrupted by friends wanting to chat and procrastinate. I would much rather work consistently throughout the day and relax later, so having to pause for polite socialization throws off my rhythm.
- The part of my day that is typically “me” is writing a paper during my smoke break. I am finally taking paper classes this semester and everyone has come to know that I prefer writing over exam-taking. Writing and cigarettes are a very Roch combo. A close second and third would be a) forgetting to eat and b) walking home instead of asking somebody for a ride when the buses stop running, respectively.
- The things I do during the day but probably shouldn’t include smoking, forgetting to eat, goofing off instead of using my time more efficiently on work.