First and last hug..
From background hugs to center stage farewell, I’m just so fucking proud of these two. And this fandom.
Sick of Glee but can’t manage to shake yourself of the bad habit? Here’s some tips for weaning yourself off of the show:
- Find out the time slot for next season. Make sure to organize your work schedule so that your RL obligations require that you miss the show.
- Unfollow the cast on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. I think following Vanessa and Naya are the main things that keep me around because they know what to say to give us hope, which is both awesome for those of us who have chosen to stay and deadly for those of us who have been trying to leave.
- Follow a few blogs that post not only stuff relevant to your fandom, but also other fandoms. They expose you to other shows that are relevant to your interests. I’ve done this and started dabbling in OUAT and Bomb Girls, both of which have much better writing.
- If you’re still curious about what’s going on with the show, follow fandom blogs that write recaps, post gifs, or post edited videos that are relevant to your particular ship(s). That way, you avoid watching the show in its entirety and know enough to either a) get your fix without complete investment or b) know that you’re better off avoiding the show.
Santana: HOLD ON BRITT!
Brittany: I don’t think I can.
Santana: Please? For me? Please, Britt?
Brittany: I can’t hold on any longer San..
I hope everybody understands how important “Sugar from the Future” is to me, and how amazing it is that Vanessa is vocal about how much she enjoys it.
I do a handful of research and have generated an elaborate timeline and have discussed wacky theories at length with JJ. Other supporters of SFTF pay close attention to the
awful episodes just to look for a fun way to confirm our crackcanon. They come up with fan videos, fan art, and gifs. We all put a lot of work into this and we do it free of charge. We put in the work because it’s fun and ask for nothing in return.
And the fact that Vanessa gives a shoutout to it and has read some of the fan fiction and watches some of the videos warms my heart because she gives and gives even though she doesn’t have to. Somebody is listening to us, guys. When we go on for so long feeling ignored by the writers and producers, it feels good to have somebody so awesome who is listening to us.
Procure your drink of choice. (Han, no tequila for you.) Make sure your drink is very, very full. You’ll probably need it.
Kurt raises a shaky hand to his tear-stained face and gasps into it.
Finn yells “Who’s this guy?!” or some other macho, aggressive thing as he barrels into Rachel’s apartment and stares down Brody.
Finn makes constipation face. (Drink twice if constipation face is followed by Finn breaking out into song.)
Rachel and Kurt have a secret conference about their terrible love troubles.
A flashback happens while Rachel is singing.
Brittany does something OOC
because the writers have no actual grasp of her character.
Santana does something OOC
because the writers are manipulating her character for plot purposes again.
The new non-diegetic Glee instrumental sad-theme music is played over any locker/hallway scenes.
Finish your drink if:
There’s a flashback that is inconsistent with the general timeline established by canon, whether in terms of superficial details (such as hair style) or larger plot points.
There are any scenes in which Blaine is bowtie-less because of his inner emotional turmoil.
There are any scenes in which Schuester is sweatervest-less for the same reason, or because he is trying to dance as if he’s Magic Mike.
Emma’s OCD returns in full force due to the fact that the writers have remembered it is a useful narrative device.
Brett makes an inappropriate appearance amidst break-up pain scenes. (If this happens, you need to finish your drink AND THEN smoke some weed.)
Finish all the drinks if:
Ryan Murphy hosts a Q&A on Twitter after the show and tells Klaine fans to give him $1 million. Again.
Many thanks to the Love Doctor for all her help with this.
- Fanciful unicorn Brittany theme is inappropriately played during an angsty, emotionally charged moment
- Blaine pulls his constipated creys face
- Santana sings with Naya-esque hand motions
- Some random walks in front of camera view during a Brittana kiss
All Brittany and Santana news and spoilers for season 4.
(Updated: Sept 6)